CasaSoft (Malta) has been awarded one of the biggest governmental tenders up to date in which we have been entrusted to deliver the entire website design, development, technical consultancy, hosting, maintenance & project management of the entire new tourism portal for Malta's sister island, Gozo.
This one of the most ambitious projects which we have delivered which includes a plethora of innovative features making VisitGozo.com a leading tourism portal, competing internationally.
VisitGozo.com is managed by the Tourism & Economic Development Directorate within the Ministry for Gozo using our highly powerful and secure Content Management System (CMS).
The portal includes all stakeholders within the Gozitan tourism industry, around 1,500 tourism service operators which includes accommodation, places of interest, beaches among much others.
Some of the innovative portal features are:
- Full text based search
- Member Registration - Both tourisms as users and publishers (event organisers, tourism service providers) which can manage the entire content of their events or establishments.
- Interactive Map linked with Google Maps with the possibility to save & load maps, share maps via email or social networking, get directions, view items by category.
- Custom made fully fledged back office / Content Management System (CMS)
- Multi-Lingual - Available in 7 languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Swedish & Russian.
- Trip Advisor integration
- Calendar of events
- Media Gallery - Gallery of photos / videos of landscapes, architecture and much more
- User interaction - Users can upload photos / videos / comments & reviews on each item on the website
- Plan My Trip - Innovative feature which suggests interesting places / events to visit during your stay based on user profile (interests, and travelling types) and duration of stay.
- My Gozo - Add interesting items to ?Your Gozo? which will be the list of all the items you find interested
- Mark Booked / Pending - You can keep track of all the items which have been booked or not.
- Trip Planner - Time manage your holiday by planning the items which you like from My Gozo by day & time
- Social Network Integration
- Event automatic RSS Feed generation
- Automatic translation of user generated content via web services